The Summit Academy: Private Academic High School & Related Educational Services
We believe that education is critical to a young man’s development and future success. So we created an environment that maximizes the potential for meaningful learning.
Special Education Department and Instructional Support Team
On average, students arrive at The Summit Academy functioning two to three years below their appropriate grade level. To accelerate their skills, we offer strong individual attention, a computer-equipped Learning Center and year-round education, as well as daily, supplemental remedial instruction in both Math and Language Arts.
Our Special Education Department offers critical services, including the development, evaluation and implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEP). Specifically Designed Instruction (SDI) and other instructional accommodations are also developed by multi-disciplinary team members to effectively meet individual student needs and abilities.
Solid Plans for Successful Futures
The Summit Academy is thoroughly committed to lighting the way to a brighter future for our students by showing them what we expect of them and helping them get there. In addition to our traditional high school academic classes, we also offer:
- General Equivalency Diploma (instruction, preparation and testing)
- Transferable college credits through our on-campus College within The High School Program
- Monthly SAT instruction and no-fee SAT testing
- On-site College & Career Fair
- College Placement and Career Development Support
- Assistance with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Offering every student who graduates a $2,000 scholarship applied to tuition at a post-secondary or trade school of their choice.
The Private Academic Secondary School at The Summit Academy is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and staffed by certified, professional educators. Credits earned are applied toward each student’s high school transcript. The Summit Academy also awards high school diplomas.