We have been working hard to build relationships in the community to support the goals of our school. Currently, we are partnering with the following businesses and organizations:
- The Education Partnership provides donations of classroom supplies to our teachers.
- Grow Pittsburgh granted us with a beautiful Learning Garden so our teachers can take learning to the outdoors.
- Allegheny Intermediate Unit works with us to improve the climate of our school.
- University of Pittsburgh Center for Urban Education shares their experience and expertise with us so that we can ensure that our curriculum is more culturally relevant.
- The Stand Together program provided our students with a mini-grant to initiate the start of our Peace Room.
- Probation Officers support and guide our students and their families.
- Pittsburgh Police have been participating in our school events.
Over the last 10 years, our students have been engaged in volunteerism and service learning projects. We’ve built relationships with many great nonprofit organizations over the years, and our reach continues to grow. Below is a list of some of the nonprofits that we’ve worked with more recently.
- BNY Mellon, Crew Missions, University of Pittsburgh South Asia Student Association, American Eagle, Dick’s Sporting Goods, InventHelp, and Pittsburgh Cares have volunteered with us to clean, paint, plant, and decorate at our new building.
- Horses with Hope, World Vision, The Hilltop Urban Farm, Intersection Soup Kitchen, Good Samaritan Food Pantry, Toys for Tots, Crew Missions, The Education Partnership, Children’s Hospital, Wesley Family Services, Sonshine Kitchens, Gwen’s Girls, and Rainbow Soup Kitchen engage our students in meaningful service opportunities.